At Meals On Wheels, we are always on the lookout for volunteers. If you enjoy being busy, having fun, meeting new people, learning new skills and gaining work experience while helping others and making a difference in the community then volunteering is the answer.
We welcome new volunteers to be involved in many different programs at Inverell Meals on Wheels. Come and join the team, our volunteers change lives.
Volunteers play a huge part in the running of Meals on Wheels. There are a number of positions that volunteers can hold within the organisation. So no matter what skills you have, if you are keen to help, we would be delighted to have you.
Volunteer Positions include:
- Meals on Wheels Delivery – delivering meals to clients and checking on our clients wellbeing
- Office Helpers – provide general office support
- Kitchen Hands – meal preparation and service
- Social Support – assisting clients and provide socialisation
- Centre-based lunch club – meal service and group activities
- Committee membership – experience in governance, financial management or marketing an advantage
Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch to arrange the completion of necessary application forms and police clearances, following which you will be required to meet face-to-face with our Volunteer Coordinator to have your volunteer role and procedures explained to you.
If you are willing to assist, we would love to hear from you.