Another old favourite, this recipe will make 4 serves.
250 grams mince
½ teaspoon mixed herbs
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 teaspoon stock powder or 1 beef stock cube
4 medium sized potatoes – cook and mash with a little butter and milk
1. Place mince, stock powder (or crushed stock cube) herbs and flour in a saucepan or frying pan along with 2 tablespoons of water
2. Stir over a medium heat for at least 15 minutes. Add a little more water to keep the mince consistency soft and easy to stir
3. Grease a pie dish and spoon in the mince then cover with mashed potato
4. Although not necessary, you could smooth the top with the back of a spoon dipped in milk. Why not sprinkle the top with grated cheese?
5. Place in a moderate oven (approx 180) to reheat – about 10 minutes
Tips* Chop a small onion and add to the mince* For a flavour change add 1 teaspoon of curry powder or 1 teaspoon of turmeric. A teaspoon of minced ginger could also be added. If using fresh ginger, chop finely and add about 2 teaspoons