Recipe - Vegetarian Nourish Bowl
11th May 2021
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooktime: 25 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 head broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan, optional
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut sweet potato into wedges and toss with 2 tsp olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast 25 mins, or until golden and tender. While sweet potato is roasting, prepare other ingredients.
- Tear kale leaves into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle a further 2 tsp oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Add kale, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook 3 - 5 minutes until tender.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Leave raw, or blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds until bright green. Cook eggs to your liking.
- Whisk together lemon juice and remaining olive oil to make a dressing. Stir a spoonful of dressing through the cannellini beans.
- To serve, divide sweet potato, kale, broccoli, eggs, beans and rice into four bowls. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve. Alternatively, prep in advance and assemble in containers.