Recipe - Pea and Mint Soup
02nd Mar 2022
Green is good! Get lots of veggie goodness in one bowl. The perfect lunch or light dinner. Can be made beforehand and reheated for a quick and easy meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooktime: 20 minutes
- 20ml olive oil
- 150g leek, washed and finely sliced
- 60g brown onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp (6g) crushed garlic
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 450ml vegetable stock, hot
- 100ml water
- 200g zucchini, washed and thickly sliced
- 300g frozen peas
- 25g mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the leek, onion, garlic and sea salt and cook for approximately 4 minutes, stirring frequently until the leeks soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the zucchini. Cover the pot with the lid and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and bring the heat back up to medium-high. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the mint leaves. Let the soup cool, uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend the soup in batches until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat to boiling before serving.