Recipe - Baked Rice Pudding
02nd Sep 2021
Is there any other comfort food more satisfying than baked rice pudding? This dish puts the comfort in dessert. Chocolate option available too!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooktime: 40 minutes
- 1/3 cups medium grain white rice
- 600ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 15g butter, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp caster sugar, extra
- 250ml thickened cream, to serve
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C (170°C for conventional oven).
- Place the rice in a large ovenproof dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla essence, and sugar. Pour over the rice and stir to combine.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and stir, then continue to bake, uncovered for a further 20 minutes.
- Top with the butter, sprinkle with the extra sugar and bake for 10 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve with cream, if desired.